The Bare Necessities (In no particular order)
- Describe the basic idea of or behind your character.
- Key people in the character’s life and past and who raised them: parents, friends, mentors, siblings, enemies, lovers, etc. Also for the really important and major ones, list if they are alive or dead and have, unless its really necessary for your backstory, a few that enemies you might make would attempt to use to get to you.
- Reason for the character to adventure. Is it greed, revenge, justice, honor, or something else? And also, what is his long-term goal?
- What they have done to get to their current level, was it training at a school, under a mentor, adventuring with a party, etc.
- What do you (as a player) hope to get out of playing this character? Answering this helps me, as a game master, to help fulfill your hopes.
- Major accomplishments up to now
- Major emotions of hate, love, fear, for certain people or creatures
- Your birthplace/homeland. You can invent this and afterward I might tweak it some to fit it into the world I have in mind.
- Alignment and religion or spiritual belief and why they chose it.
- What is their moral code and/or do they follow it strictly?
- Are they a member of any guilds or causes? (you might need to talk to me about this)
Other things you may just want to add
- distinguishing features
- habits or favorite sayings
- titles and/or nicknames and possibly how they got them
- most proud of
- most ashamed of
- greatest strength/weakness
- greatest flaw or shortcoming
- what does you character like/dislike in other people
- what makes them angry and/or happy
- what do they do when they are that way